Monday 29 November 2010

Sarajevo Open...

Official Press Release from the Event

THE HITMAN ENDS THE SARAJEVO OPEN AS RUNNER UP AGAINST RALF SOUQUET

Raj “The Hitman” Hundal was one of the world class players who were invited to the annual Avas Sarajevo 10 Ball Open. The last day of the event was a busy one for the players as they played from the Last 32 round up until the final. Hundal was dominant in all of his matches throughout the tournament and made it to the final in style, where he met "The Kaiser" Ralf Souquet. Unfortunately for Raj, it was The Kaiser who, with good fortune achieved a 10- 4 victory. Raj threw in the towel as a fun and entertaining gesture as Ralf reached the winning ball.  When asked in an interview how he felt, with a grin on his face, Raj response was “I hate Ralf”, and appreciating his humorous personality, the commentators, audience and Ralf himself fell in a fit of laughter, Raj then continued to thank fans, sponsors and promoters for their hard work and gave praise and congratulations to his opponent.

"Firstly I would like to thank all sponsors and promoters for making me feel so welcomed at this event, I had lots of fun even when I wasn't playing pool. The locals took me around to see the sights and really treated me like a proper VIP. The food was also great in Sarajevo and everyone made me feel at home so thank you all for your kindness and great hospitality.
As for the tournament I had a good result and finished runner up to the legend Ralf Souquet who played great on me. I really got unlucky of the break shot as I never had a shot from 5-4 down until it was 9-4 which by then was too late as it was alternate break format.
The arena and supporters were electric and had created an atmosphere not seen in Europe before and it was clear even though I didn't win the event I had won the hearts of the fans, which to me is sometimes worth more than trophies, as its heart that I respect the most and when people show me love I am in debt to them.
I am already looking forward to going back to Sarajevo for the next Open and hoping I can do one better and finish 1st. Hopefully I will draw Ralf in the final and get my revenge. Ralf is a class act and I would like to congratulate him on his victory. Its players like him who inspire me still and bring the best out of me in match play, but I feel my best is still to come, so watch out. I feel I’m in good shape for upcoming US Open Championship starting on the 17th October."

For full press release including pictures follow this link

Raj Hundal
World Pool Masters Champion